Fast creation and management of content driven and integrated web experience
- New Configuration wizard has made portal administration more faster.
- IBM Installation Manager determines available packages including products, prerequisites, fix packs, interim fixes, and other updates; hence administration become more faster and streamlined.
- Creation and management of portal pages and Web content through a new built-in toolbar has become more simple by using Managed Pages.
- we can preview and approve page changes before it published by using new page draft and approval process.
- Content Templating user interface simplify the creation of pages and content of WCM.
- To access CMIS standard data stores like Filenet and Microsoft SharePoint become more easy through new Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) Builder.
WebSphere Portal Mobile Experience
- Look and feel, page & content navigation on latest smart phones can be handled easily through the new theme WebSphere Portal Mobile Experience.
- New Mobile Experience includes swipe, carousel, accordion, and swap using CSS3 and HTML5.
- New user experience with Dojo Mobile tooling for building experiences is provided by Web Experience Factory V8.0.
- Improved search index algorithms optimized Portal and wcm search.
- Searching required information becomes more faster and easy.
Integrated Web Experiences
- New WebSphere Portal Integrator for SAP Integrate SAP® NetWeaver Portal.
- Web Content Manager support for the CMIS standard enables the integration other systems like ECM.
Social Communication Enablement
- Portal users can be authenticated with social network credentials like facebook or twitter through OpenID Authentication.
- IBM Connections portlets can be placed in portal and wcm context through Community page support.
- Web Analytics provides channel delivery analyses and in-place, real-time web page.
- By tagging pages, portlets or web content we can measure their usefulness through campaign.
- Greater insight over web site content value and user and channel interactions can be achieved by using custom tags.
Web Application Bridge (WAB)
- It enables the integration of Microsoft® SharePoint 2007 server, with WebSphere Portal using HTML iFrames and reverse proxy technology.
- it is built on top of WebSphere Portal and WebSphere Application Server.
Tagging and Rating
- Ratings allow users to provide their input on information available through your site.
- Tags allows users to create a natural taxonomy of the information on your site.
- WebSphere Portal users can tag and rate content you publish with WCM, content they create within user generated content, and portal pages and portlets.
Cross Version Syndication
- 7.0 Introduced the ability to replicate data between different versions of WCM environments.
- This is effective from 7.0 and all subsequent releases i.e. 7.0 → 7.X → X.X
- No support for earlier releases to current. i.e. 6.1.5 → 7.0
- The term farm refers to a series of identically configured, stand-alone server instances.
- Server farms offer a simple way to build and maintain a highly scalable, highly available server environment.
- Unlike a formal cluster, no node agent or deployment manager is available in farm-type topologies.
- Two supported portal farm configurations are available when setting up your portal farm:
a) Unique installation
b) One instance is shared between multiple farm instances.
WebSpherePortalGuru.com offers complete set of services related to WebSphere Portal development and administration. Our experienced WebSphere Portal experts can handle complex WebSphere Portal projects without any difficulty. Click here to establish contact with our team of experts.