As the pace of new business projects continues to grow, it is important for organizations to focus on seamlessly connecting all their back office and on-the-field applications. The agility and competitiveness of an enterprise depends significantly on its capability to integrate IT applications.
It is important that businesses have the ability to enable correlation between separate business events in different business units. In some cases, this can also involve disparate geographical regions.
Designing and implementing an effective integration architecture and infrastructure is crucial to an organization because it can affect many different IT departments and technologies. To proactively address challenges, businesses need to use service-oriented architecture (SOA) as a roadmap to facilitating efficient integration.
The relevance of SOA
Facilitating SOA infrastructure across the business is crucial to ensure seamless integration between systems, services, and applications. SOA integration is a significant element in transforming a business’ IT environment into a high performance and cost effective system.
However, there are also technology risks with SOA that make it particularly challenging for some organizations. The IT infrastructure of most businesses today has evolved to include a wide range of hardware platforms, middleware, operating systems and applications to support its user community.
Managing these diverse and increasingly complex applications and systems can be a challenging and costly task.
The advantage offered by IBM DataPower appliances
IBM DataPower appliances is a group of hardware products used in the creation of secure and integrated platforms for mobile, Web or programming interfaces. They can perform tasks that expand the capability of overall network infrastructure. They offer the advantage of a purpose-built, SOA appliance that can deliver highly scalable, easy to use and secure SOA solutions.
As specialized SOA hardware, IBM DataPower appliances provide many core functions to SOA deployments. This includes integrated Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) capabilities, data enablement and integration features, and the ability to improve web services management and SOA governance.
IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA appliances can simplify and streamline SOA infrastructure with specialized, purpose-built, drop-in appliances. They serve to enhance XML-level protection and Web service access control as well as accelerate XML and Web services processing, and expedite SOA deployments. They also reduce overheads and disruption to existing IT infrastructure.
As high-performance hardware appliances, IBM WebSphere DataPower appliances allow users to more quickly and easily build and deploy modern applications.
It can empower businesses to:
- Enhance competitiveness by helping to improve business connectivity with partners and customers, as well as between internal organizations
- Add connectivity, integration, and security processing to application infrastructure
- Load balance service requests across existing application infrastructure
- Streamline complex and valuable service-oriented architecture, business-to-business (B2B), XML and Web 2.0 applications with specialized, drop-in appliances that can lower total cost of ownership
- Leverage IBM z/OS infrastructure as part of the SOA and Web 2.0 enterprise
- Reduce deployment times when using DataPower with configuration-driven simplicity
- Assist in governing valuable application infrastructure with standardized runtime control and enforcement points through DataPower
- Speed up message distribution, protocol mediation and web services processing with dedicated, high-performance capabilities
IBM Datapower appliances can be used for much more than expanding infrastructure or creating secure networks. They can also enable electronic messaging exchanges between disparate network appliances by integrating their functions into the same service platform. It can enable transformation and routing of messages by serving as an enterprise service bus.
By deploying a single-entry zone that acts as a barrier between the local area network and other untrusted networks, users can enable security. Therefore, Datapower appliances can expand a network’s capability without exposing its architecture or infrastructure to external attacks.
To find out how you can leverage IBM DataPower appliances for your business, contact Royal Cyber for a complimentary consultation.