In today’s constantly changing technology landscape, every organization must quickly establish their position to secure their USP and generate new businesses. Business Process Management (BPM) leverages software and services to enable full visibility into the organization, provide quick access to information for better decision-making, and increase efficiency while reducing costs.
Earlier, BPM focused mainly on automating processes. The goal was to minimize human involvement and keep the process going efficiently. But this is not enough in today’s digital world. Process optimization and operational efficiency alone cannot sustain business success. BPM for the digital age needs to look beyond operational efficiency and focus on Customer Experience (CX) as well. Implementing better CX will depend on back-end operations as well as a digital BPM process.
Digitization plays a major role in information retrieval and offers the following benefits:
- Operational efficiency: Saving a significant amount of time and eliminating bottlenecks through an automated decision-making system.
- Delighting customers: Improving customer satisfaction by providing complete information to help people make better decisions. This provides a better customer experience.
BPM integrates IT and business objectives
Organizations need a structured approach to simplify their understanding of how to efficiently perform their roles and processes. Organizations must address changing market forces to survive and thrive in a competitive landscape, including:
- Digitization: Customers wish to directly connect via various channels to review, personalize, purchase, and alter services or products.
- Communication: Organizations need to communicate directly through all stages of acquisition and enable correspondence throughout the process to create an efficient experience.
However, businesses can find it challenging to keep up with these trends towards multi-channel self-service. Some of the common challenges include:
- Technology: Fragmented information systems with limited integration and automation pose a significant challenge. They need to understand and leverage the right technology, automation, and digitization to deliver sustainable benefits.
- Resources: Businesses struggle with inconsistent frameworks and skills to manage structured and unstructured data. They need to address inconsistent operational practices, management routines, measurement mechanisms, performance expectations and accountability to ensure better efficiency.
- Process readiness: Inconsistent processes, practices and documentation across operational areas challenge businesses. They also face difficulties with a limited understanding of the value stream and manual work distribution and redistribution.
BPM methodology and software combine to help tackle these pain points to make data transparent and operations digital. The exercise of process modeling inherently reduces variability and waste. Bringing people into a common user interface drives consistent user experience. With integration, legacy data becomes available and communications and correspondence traceable. Data captured in forms and as process variables render deep insight into issues and trends. The outcome is that digitization enables greater efficiency with better compliance and deeper analytics.
Enable digitization for your business
BPM enables a more efficient organization, which results in better customer alignment, and customer retention. Royal Cyber offers custom solutions to help you move towards BPM digitization. Email us at email@example.com for a complimentary consultation.